- Grand Prairie,TX
- Feb 26, 2019
- Entertainment : General Entertainment
1000 Lone Star Parkway - Grand Prairie, Texas, 75050
Lone Star Park is hiring for a Sous Chef job in Grand Prairie,TX
Plans, directs and coordinates all aspects of culinary activities for the Grandstand, including food preparation and menu items in accordance with company quality standards and procedures, and federal/state requirements, including staffing and staff development, budgeting, purchasing and production.
- Coordinates daily kitchen activities with Director of Culinary Operations.
- Estimates food consumption, and requisitions or purchases food products as needed.
- Receives and examines food products and supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Selects and develops recipes based on type of food to be prepared for the Grandstand Restaurants. Applies personal knowledge and experience in food preparation as directed by Director of Culinary Operations.
- Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Portions cooked foods and/or gives instructions to employees as to size of portions and methods of garnishing.
- Performs inventory counts and verifies supplies needed for ordering purposes.
- Responsible for organization and cleanliness of all areas and aspects of kitchens. Responsible for organization, cleanliness, and receiving of all food storage areas; including proper rotation of all ingredients to prevent waste.
- Adheres to and enforces organizational policies, procedures, and quality service standards, including uniforms, enforcement of sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of Grandstand kitchen areas.
- Hires, trains and develops staff to meet accepted standards and departmental objectives.
- Assigns work schedules to ensure proper staffing levels are relative to current and projected business trends; monitors utilization of personnel and workflow to maximize productivity and reduce labor costs and expenses.
- Evaluates and assists in documenting employee performance, disciplinary actions, and other employee matters.
- Investigates and resolves employee complaints; initiates or makes recommendations for personnel actions as appropriate.
- Communicates with staff daily (or as often as needed) to address concerns related to the Grandstand kitchen, current or upcoming events, company-related news and information, and matters of policy or procedure.
- Assists in recognizing and rewarding exceptional performance or efforts.
- Maintains confidentiality of all company- and employee-related information.
- Conducts and/or monitors employee job safety training, including fire prevention, worksite safety, and hazard communication. Implements safety policies and procedures in accordance with company standards and state/federal rules and regulations.
- Ensures all on-the-job injuries are reported and investigated timely (where applicable) in accordance with company policy and procedures. Inspects areas of responsibility to detect existing or potential safety hazards and recommends or executes preventative measures.
- Attends departmental staff meetings as scheduled.
- Interacts with personnel and the general public in a professional, ethical manner.
- Attends all emergency preparedness, safety, and other company-mandated training as assigned. Disseminates information and assignments as needed.
- Contributes to a positive work environment by participating in company and/or employee events and activities.
- Works hours necessary to insure customer satisfaction, which may include long hours and/or remaining on-call for problem solving purposes. Assists in executing special events as needed.
- Maintains first aid station supply and ensures log of items dispensed is completed.
Click the 'Apply Now' button to submit your resume now!
Lone Star Park is an equal opportunity employer committed to a drug-free workplace.