- State College,PA
- Aug 12, 2019
- Drivers : General Drivers
CDL DRIVERS WANTED
~ Concrete Mixer Truck ~ Tri-Axle Dump Truck ~ Water Truck
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR SPRING POSITIONS!
- Competitive Wages and Pension
- Top-Notch Healthcare Benefits
- Be Home Every Night with Daily Routes
- Family-Owned Company Culture
- Ranked #1 Top Workplace 2018 by the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
LINDY PAVING, INC. (a member of the PJ Dick-Trumbull-Lindy family of construction companies and the Tri-State area's largest and most successful paving contractor and asphalt manufacturer) and its affiliates, CASTLE BUILDERS SUPPLY and PNM TRUCKING, are seeking responsible drivers for the purpose of transporting construction materials, aggregate and/or other equipment to and from construction sites (sometimes in excess of 60 miles from our western PA terminal locations).
Transport construction materials and/or other equipment to and from construction sites. The drivers will be exposed to different work conditions and equipment in performing their assigned tasks. Will be responsible for maintaining their assigned equipment.
Interested CDL Drivers please click on the Apply Now button to start the application process or to attach your resume
Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are a drug-free and equal opportunity employer:
EOE - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled
Carpenters Union ~ Cement Masons & Operative Plasterers ~ Iron Workers (iwlocal3)
Laborers of Western PA ~ International Union of Operating Engineers #66 ~ Teamsters
- Assisting with loading and unloading of construction materials on/off delivery vehicles.
- Completing a pre-trip and post-trip inspection including checking the tires, fluid levels and lights on the vehicle.
- Delivering construction materials to/from construction job site.
- Willing to operate any vehicle assigned to the project.
- Maintain dust control throughout the project right of way.
- Water any haul roads to and from a job site.
- Work within an organizational structure.
- Must adhere and comply with all company and DOT safety policies and procedures.
- Notifying supervisor of currently needed or anticipated repairs.
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
Educational and experience requirements include: High school diploma or equivalent. 2+ years experience driving commercial vehicles, preferred. Must possess a valid Class A CDL with acceptable driving record. Tanker Endorsement and HazMat Certification, preferred. Must submit to a pre-employment drug test, DOT medical clearance testing and a background check. Must be willing to become a member of the Teamsters Union Local 341. Must be willing to work overtime, nights and weekends. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Requires climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting, stretching, driving sitting and shifting gears.
About Lindy Paving:
Lindy Paving, Inc. is widely recognized as the largest asphalt paving contractor and manufacturer in Western Pennsylvania. Since 1979, Lindy has consistently delivered award-winning asphalt paving and product manufacturing. In 2009, Lindy became the first company in the nation to be a three-time Sheldon G. Hayes Award winner. This award is bestowed upon the contractor of the best highway-paving project in the United States as selected by the National Asphalt Paving Association (NAPA).
Lindy’s unique understanding of both technical and quality control issues drives its success as a paving contractor. As an industry leader and innovator in asphalt lay-down techniques, Lindy’s expertise is regularly called upon by state and national agencies and major equipment manufacturers in their development of programs and products.
Lindy, also a leading manufacturer of quality asphalt products, operates multiple PA-based asphalt plants in Pittsburgh, Neville Island and Beaver County. These plants facilitate the production of any mix design for commercial, municipal or state projects and support “will call” sales to independent contractors.
Visit us at: lindypaving.com